/oregonblogging.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/timberlinelodge-300×224.jpg” alt=”” width=”326″ height=”243″ />
The Timberline Lodge Mount Hood has been stated as a national historic landmark since 1977. It makes a unique place to stay at and is like no other hotel! The Timberline Lodge reviews have been positive most of the times and continue to get rave reviews. It is a good place for all skiers and snowboarders to stay at.
Aerial shots of Timberline were used in the opening scene of the 1980 movie “The Shining” which is based on the Stephen King thrilling novel. The Timberline lodge in The Shining movie has made it all the more popular.
For further information and additional details about timberline skiing, timberline discounts, timberline events, timberline lodge hours and Timberline Lodge rates, please log on to the official website. Timberline Lodge reservations can also be done on-line.
Timberline Lodge directions:
Timberline Lodge in Oregon takes a little over an hour to reach if you plan to drive there from Portland. There are many ways to arrive at the Timberline Lodge, such as –
Air Travel – The nearest airport to Timberline Lodge is the Portland Airport; from the airport make your way to I-205 South, then to I-84 East (The Dalles exit). From there go to exit 16 or “ Wood Village” and take a right at the stop sign on to 238th. Then follow 238th to Burnside, it takes approximately three miles to get there. Next take a left on Burnside (U-Haul rentals on the corner) until it turns into highway 26 East at the Newport Bay restaurant.
Then follow highway 26 to the Timberline Road turn-off which is around 40 miles. Make your way through the towns of Sandy, Rhododendron and Welches; take a left on the Timberline access road and follow the road to Timberline road (approximately 6 miles). Hotel guests may proceed to the upper parking lot in front of the main lodge.
Via Road Transportation & Shuttle – Guests also have the liberty of taking a carpool to Timberline Lodge with Carpool Match NW, which helps you navigate easily to the ski area. There are also shuttle services which go up to the mountains and are open for service throughout the week. For further information on timings and rates, please call 503-286-9333. Many other transportation services are available which travel to Timberline ski area and can be viewed from the official website.
Timberline Lodge History:
The Timberline Lodge Oregon is an inherent part of the American heritage and till today retains the spirit of former pioneer forefathers along with the native people and the mountain’s diverse flora and fauna. Timberline Lodge and the Ski area were built with jagged spirit of individualism. The Timberline Lodge was constructed during the distressful period of the Great Depression.
The Timberline Lodge mount Hood, still stands today as a sign of hope and reason that if the government works united with the people then it can truly serve the common good and render solutions to some of the society’s biggest problems. In 1937, Franklin Roosevelt dedicated Timberline Lodge as a “testament to the workers on the rolls of the Works Progress Administration.”
The Timberline Lodge in Oregon is said to be a place where historic preservation, recreation, location and hospitality are all bound together in perfect harmony to provide a memorable experience. The Timberline Lodge is a place where tradition is held highly and yet it is not a inactive museum; rather it is a working ski lodge, a good quality hotel and an amazing mountain retreat.
Timberline Hotel Rooms:
The rooms at the Timberline Hotel or lodge have been designed and adorned with intricate hand painted artwork and furnishings which takes you to an era when bedspreads and curtains were not mass produced.
The Timberline Lodge offers various types of rooms, such as –
- Fireplace – the lodge Fireplace Guest rooms consists of king-sized beds (some may come with additional twin beds), a private bath (most of them with tubs), a T.V, telephone, hairdryer, iron and ironing board. The premier rooms also come with an alarm clock, fan, heater and complimentary toiletries. The special feature of the Fireplace room is that there is provision of an in-room coffee pot, a cozy sitting area and a real-wood burning fireplace.
- Corner – the timberline hotel Corner rooms very spacious and has a king-size bed and two twin beds. Each room has its own private bath with shower, telephone, T.V, hair dryer, alarm clock, fan, heater, iron and ironing board plus complimentary toiletries. Some of the Corner rooms at the Timberline Lodge also offer sofas and sitting areas.
- Timberline Twin or queen – the room has twin beds and the Queen Rooms has one queen bed or a queen and a double or a queen and a twin. All rooms have the same amenities which are found in the Corner type rooms.
- Chalet – Timberline’s Chalet rooms are European style bunk rooms where the many private bathrooms with showers (located centrally in the hallway) have to be shared. The rooms are just near the all-round outdoor pool, Jacuzzi and indoor sauna. The Chalet room does not come with a T.V and comes in different sizes; it can easily fit 2-10 people and is perfect for families and large groups. The Chalet number 15 has its own private bath and can accommodate up to 10 people.
Timberline Lodge rates are as follows –
- Fireplace: Sunday to Thursday – $305 / Friday, Saturday and holidays – $310
- Corner: Sunday to Thursday – $260 / Friday, Saturday and holidays – $ 265
- Timberline Twin or Queen: Sunday to Thursday – $230 / Friday, Saturday and holidays – $235
- Chalets: Sunday to Thursday – $120 / Friday, Saturday and holidays – $ 125; Chalet 15 (rooms 10)
Timberline Lodge has some of the best midweek packages for its guest like:
- Stay 1 Night, 2 Ski Free – when you stay any Sunday through Thursday (excluding holidays), then two people get to ski free the next day.
- Midweek at 6000 feet – Stay at the Timberline Lodge on any Sunday through Thursday (not including holidays) and receive a complimentary breakfast buffet, a dinner credit in the Dining Room worth $20 on the night of your stay plus get discounts on lift tickets the next day.
- Stay 1 Night, Dinner Delight – Guests staying at the Timberline Lodge Oregon on any Saturday throughout Thursday (not including holidays), get the pleasure of enjoying a complimentary dinner for two. The dinner for two includes any two entrees available from the Cascade Dining Room menu; appetizers, beverages or dessert are not included in the offer.
Please note that the added-value midweek packages are only available at our standard room rates. It is not clubbed with any other promotion or discount at the Timberline Lodge; the rates for Queen, Corner or Fireplace rooms are the only ones which are available.
All room rates are per room charged per evening for single or double occupancy; this does not include 7% room tax. All guests should note that prices are subject to change at any time. Children under the age of 12 can stay free of cost with their parents where as those above the age of 12 are charged $25 per night.
Timberline Lodge Dining:
The Timberline Lodge dining offers some of the best cuisine that can be expected from a renowned Ski area. Timberline Lodge’s food is the secret ingredient which has made the hotel famous.
Whether you are sipping their renowned hot cocoa next to a warm fireplace, waking up to Belgium waffles and relishing the Timberline beef burger and citrus- grilled wild salmon, you can assure full satisfaction and expect only the best.
Timberline Lodge Dining facilities are as follows:
Cascade Dining Lodge – At Timberline Lodge Oregon enjoy a memorable and delicious Fireside lunch buffet on any day of the week and get a taste of the Fireside Brunch. Every day the brunch serves an array of special dishes such as –
- Hand carved meats
- Soups and chowders
- Artisan bread
- Steamed local vegetables
- Well composed salads
- Golden malted waffles
- Pastries and desserts
- Fresh fruit and cheeses
The Fireside Lunch Buffet is served on weekdays at 11 am to 2 pm and on weekends from 11 am to 3 pm. The lunch rates for adults (per person) are $15.95 and for children is $6.95. The Sunday Brunch Buffet charges $17.95 per adults, and for children it costs $ 6.95 per child. The Cascade Dining room timings are as follows :
- Breakfast Buffet is served from Monday to Friday at 7:30 am to 10 am; Saturday and Sunday at 7:30 am to 10:30 am.
- Dinner is usually served on Sundays to Friday from 6pm to 8pm.
- The dining operation hours are subject to change, so all guests are requested to make reservations in advance. All children aged 11 and below get to dine for free from the children’s menu (available from Sunday to Friday at 6pm to 7pm; Saturdays at 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm).
Wine Tasting & Tours at Timberline Lodge – guests can take an exclusive wine tasting and tour of the wine vault which can be organized via the Cascade Dining Room. For meal reservations at the Cascade Dining Room (breakfast and lunch are on first come first served basis), please call 503-272-3104. For larger parties, that is over 14 people, please contact the group sales office at 503-272-3251.
- Ice Axe Grill – It is the humble abode of the Mount Hood Brewing Company and has a vast menu full of freshly prepared entrees’, seafood, sandwiches, salads and their signature pizzas.
- Wy’east dining – The Wy’east day lodge is across the parking lot from Timberline Lodge and is where the Black Iron Grill and Market Grill are situated. They are the hub for skiers and guests with hearty appetites. The Market Grill menu can be viewed from the official website.
- Ram’s Head Bar – The Bar can be found on the second floor circular balcony which makes it the ideal location for a family –friendly atmosphere. Guests can savor their food and drinks amidst the beauty of the mountains. To view the bar’s menu, please log on to the official website.
- Blue’s Ox bar – it is the place to be and get a taste of the bar’s pub style pizzas and microbrews especially from the Mt. Hood Brewing company. Blue’s Ox bar has been graced by the glass murals of legendary Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox. The on-line menu can be seen via the official website.
Tours & Activities at Timberline Lodge:
All mentioned tours and activities at the Timberline Lodge Oregon are free and open to everyone. Timberline Lodge operates a 25 minute historic tour of Timberline Lodge where guests can explore Timberline’s rich history with a U.S Forest Service Ranger. All those who wish to be a part of the tours can meet at the U.S Forest Service Desk which is situated within the Timberline Lodge.
The Guided tours are open on Thursdays through Sundays at 11 am, 1 pm and at 2 pm. The Timberline Lodge guided tours are free of cost but the tour operators will be more than grateful to receive donations to ensure the continuity and welfare of the programs in the future. To know more about the tours and make a donation, please call 503-622-2033 or visit http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mthood/
The Builders of Timberline Video is a 30 minute video presentation about The Builders of Timberline in the Barlow Room of historic Timberline lodge. The video features an overall record of the Timberline Project and Lodge Construction. The WPA history, Timberline Lodge history, ski history and about the building Timberline Lodge are some of the topics given emphasis to during the discussions.
Guests can also go on a Timberline Nature walk with Bruno, the St.Bernard mascot of Timberline Lodge and a ranger for a 1-2 mile stroll and at the same time learn about the ecology of Mount Hood. Guests are requested to gather at the U.S Forest Service Desk inside the Timberline Lodge. The nature walks take place from Fridays to Sundays at 10 am.
You can also select your own adventure tour by booking a ranger to be your guide for the Timberline Lodge Tour, guided hike or for campfire talk. For further information, please call 503-622-2033
Timberline Lodge Gift Shop:
The Wy’east Gift Shop at the Timberline Ski area has the entire essential collection of ski and snowboard adventure gear, outwear, goggles, hats, gloves and many others. There are also exclusive souvenirs available at the gift shop.
Timberline Lodge’s the endless winter t-shirts shop sells t-shirts, sweatshirts and lots of other apparel wear. The shop is only open during the summer months. There is also an on-line store on the official website.
Timberline Lodge Wedding Receptions & Timberline events:
The Timberline Lodge wedding reception makes for a fairy tale wedding story where the couple can exchange vows at the patio with a breathe taking view of the mountains. If a more quieter and small size wedding receptions are preferred then you can opt for the Silcox Lodge.
Timberline Lodge will provide the ceremony hall, banquet hall, food and beverages plus a professional and helpful staff. You may choose your own florist, photographer, musician or band and reverend. Later, guests staying overnight can enjoy a most comfortable stay at the historic lodge’s cozy and pleasurable guest rooms.
Timberline Lodge offers some of its best halls for the wedding receptions, meetings and get together namely –
- Barlow Room
- Patios & Amphitheatre
- Silcox Hut
- Ullman Hall
- Raven’s Nest
- Wy’east hall
For more details and information about the Timberline wedding receptions, wedding planning packet, for business meets and various get togethers, please log on to the official website. Timberline Sales & Catering can be contacted at 503-272-3251.
Timberline Lodge happens to be one of Oregon’s most prestigious and popular tourist attractions. As much as two million people flock to the Timberline Ski area every year and continue to do so.
Address – Timberline, Timberline Lodge, Or 97028
Phone – 503.272.3311 (general information)
Official Website – http://www.timberlinelodge.com