Water is rapidly becoming the most valuable resource in the planet. Due to the accelerating pace of climate change, it is our moral duty to make an increasingly efficient use of water at home, as well as educating our family in ways to do so.
Enter Arelia, an innovative company focused on designing technologies to help families achieve this goal. A prime example is Arelia’s Acqua Tempus, a shower timer valve that allows the head of the household to establish a time limit to the consumption of water in the shower, thus facilitating the proper use of such a valuable resource.
Moreover, the proper and timed use of the shower also results in a more efficient consumption of the gas used to warm the water, thus resulting in additional savings. Acqua Tempus also detects if someone let the shower running and stops the flow of water, helping prevent waste.
Acqua Tempus is very simple to install and use. It does not require neither additional plumbing nor electrical installation. It has a battery that recharges itself with the passage of water. It is easily programed to adjust to the particular needs of your household.
Here are some additional tips to save water and conserve energy at home;
- Talk to your children, spouse, extended family members and houseguests about the importance and long-term effects of making a more efficient use of water and energy.
- Lead by example. Show your family how you are learning to be more aware of the time, water and resources you use to shower, do the dishes, do the laundry and clean your house.
- Use environmentally friendly detergents and soaps. Make sure they are biodegradable and highly soluble.
- Whenever possible, install highly efficient appliances, like modern dishwashers and washing machines. Contrary to what you might think, a good dishwasher or washing machine is more ecofriendly than hand washing, as it offers more control of the process and the resources used.
- If you don’t have a dishwasher or a washing machine, do as many dishes or clothes as possible at a time. It is more efficient to do a full load of dishes or laundry versus washing individual pieces, in which case you will use more water and detergent.
- Constantly check for leaks in every faucet, showerhead and toilet in your house. The tiniest drop can amount to tons of water in the long term.
- Install Acqua Tempus in every shower in your home, thus automating the saving process.
- Be on the lookout for more innovative products by Arelia. The company is constantly working on new products and technologies designed to help the environment and stop climate change.
Follow these simple tips and you will be contributing to alleviating the pernicious impact of extreme weather events on our planet. Arelia can be your greatest ally in helping your family establish a deeper awareness of the reality and perils of climate change.
Arelia products are available to buy worldwide. Acqua Tempus will not only help you save water, energy and money, but also help our beloved planet. Only together can we stop climate change.
Arelia is a Spanish company committed to the efficient use of water and energy, focused on designing and promoting new technologies to stop climate change. Acqua Tempus is a patented design of Arelia with proprietary technology.